Why is knowledge of key blood markers in Sport important?
- Blood analysis is increasingly being considered essential for the keen amateur and not just the professional sportsman or sportswoman.
- There is now recognised a wide range of substances ‘at risk’ of deficiency in athletes.
- Nutrients and Hormones are under the spotlight and recognised all too frequently to be at unhealthily low levels.
‘Why bother testing. I’m only a keen amateur’?
- Well.. many spend £££ on new bikes, shoes, watches, clothing, membership fees.. but not health checks?.
- Monitors can measure HR, VO2 max, Lactate Threshold, FTP. Great for gauging improvement or deterioration but...
- How many actually consider objective testing of the body itself?
Well, the good news is that for less the cost of a Rubino tyre or a nice pair of Nikes you can discover the essential information you need to optimise your performance!
Our solution is to give you the opportunity of selecting our competitive and inclusive Core 14 Sports Performance Profile, focusing on the most commonly encountered and important nutritional and hormonal shortfalls in actively training individuals.
Many of course opt to to dig deeper into overall health by selecting a comprehensive blood screen. Finger-prick or whole blood (vacutainer) options are available, building profiles to suit your needs - consider looking in depth to check your condition with our Comprehensive Vacutainer Range, and, with particular relevance to body building and strength focused sports, take a detailed look at hormonal function by adding on one of our Testosterone Blood Test Profiles.
There's a reason that over 30% of Blue Horizon Kit requests are from patients that have used us before.