This Private Home Coronavirus Swab Test for COVID-19 is available today. It consists of a single swab that will be used to easily collect a sample from the throat and a nostril.
It is tested at a London Medical Laboratory and in no way affects PHE's ability to test NHS or other front line staff.
- Test when you think you may have COVID-19 Symptoms.
- This is a swab test, not a blood test.
- It tests for RNA of the virus, not antibodies.
- A positive will show that you have coronavirus in your nose or throat at the time of testing.
- A negative will confirm that there was no COVID-19 on the swab. This means it is possible you will have swabbed yourself at a time when no viruses were present, or you did not swab the areas effectively enough.
- Kits currently in stock.