This COVID-19 Coronavirus IgG Antibody Home Test Kit has been replaced by a new expedited service.
Please see https://bluehorizonbloodtests.co.uk/collections/covid-19-coronavirus-tests/products/covid-19-sars-cov-2-coronavirus-antibody-home-test-kit
- Test at least 21 days post exposure to COVID-19/onset of symptoms.
- This is an easy at home blood test that is sent to our laboratory for analysis.
- It tests for IgG antibodies to COVID-19, not the virus itself.
- IgM or IgA antibodies are not tested.
- A positive IgG result will confirm past exposure to COVID-19 Coronavirus, but it is not known if this infers immunity to future infections by this virus.
- A Negative IgG result shows that at the time the sample was taken no IgG antibodies to COVID-19 were present, or that the immune response was so weak as to be undetectable.
- The laboratory kit is CE marked. The laboratory is UCAS accredited and is registered with various NEQAS schemes.
- The laboratory ELISA kit was subjected to clinical testing against 2 cohorts of patients that were either healthy or had a previous RT-PCR swab positive result for COVID-19. It was found that the diagnostic sensitivity was 100% and the diagnostic specificity was 100%. This is an emerging illness, and more validating tests will be undertaken in time. The likelihood is that the accuracy will not remain at 100% as the control samples enlarge, and that would be entirely expected.
- We understand that the kits have been approved and purchased by many leading NHS hospitals such as Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. Such hospitals will most likely have carried out their own thorough validation work using clinical samples. We also understand that Public Health England have also performed an initial evaluation and have given positive feedback. As far as we can be, on the information that we have seen, we are confident in the validity of the test.
- We highly recommend that you upgrade return postage to the laboratory by making use of a tracked service available from your local post office. Not doing so will delay results significantly as the postal service are severely stretched currently. Make note of the tracking number by writing down or taking a picture of the label using your smartphone.