This private blood test for Testosterone measures the level of testosterone in blood. This male hormone is essential for maintaining normal levels of energy, libido, mood and fertility.
Is this blood test for you?
Do you have symptoms such as low energy and mood, low libido or fertility issues which may be caused by low testosterone? This test is an ideal starting point.
If you are experiencing changes in energy, mood and sex drive as you age, it could be down to low testosterone levels. This tests for levels and returns a quantifiable result. Ideally taken at 9am.
This test is available as a finger prick or vacutainer sample collection option. You can also choose to visit a BMI Hospital or have a Nurse Home Visit. Select option at checkout.
Blood Test Explained
Below we have explained each inclusion, click on each tab to find out more.
Testosterone is a male sex hormone. Levels decline naturally with age but low levels can suggest an endocrine (hormone) disorder. Symptoms could include reduced sex drive, impotence, fatigue, weakness, loss of body hair, breast growth, reduced testicle size and skin changes. Elevated levels can be caused by supplementation or consumption of anabolic steroids. Endocrine disorders can also cause a rise. Women also produce testosterone. An elevated level of testosterone in women can cause unwanted male characteristics such as facial hair. A rise in testosterone in women is usually associated with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
Information for this blood test
Test Name: Testosterone
GP Referral: GP Referral is included
Target Turn Around Time in working days: 1 working day
Test Inclusions: Testosterone
Special Instructions: 8am - 10am sample recommended
Further information. If you require any information on this test please email our team : firstname.lastname@example.org
How do you get a Blood Test?
1. Order Online. Select your required blood test from our test menu or email: email@example.com
2. Arrange your sample collection appointment/blood draw.(ensure you have checked if you need to fast before attending your blood draw)
3. Wait for your blood test results, once they’re ready we will send them to you via email within the turnaround time stated on the website.
Do I need a Doctors referral to use this service?
No you do not require a Doctor’s Referral, we provide one when you have placed an order. This is free of charge, and a consultation is not required unless stated on certain tests.
How soon will I get my blood test results?
The turnaround time is a guide only, and will sometimes depend upon assay run schedules. Most results are provided within the time frame provided, but there may be technical difficulties, or the results may need to be re-run to check accuracy, or our Doctor may be held up passing comment. We can easily give you a status report, so please do email us or phone us to chase results, not the Laboratory itself.
Where can I get my blood taken if I order a vacutainer kit?
If you do not know of a professional nurse or phlebotomist we can refer you to a BMI Hospital or arrange a *Nurse home visit (charges will apply). PLEASE NOTE: You cannot attend at a Spire Hospital or the Doctors Laboratory (TDL) for your blood draw using our kit as our postal service is dealt with by a completely separate laboratory network.
What is the difference between reported and unreported results?
1. Reported results will be sent to the GP for comment, this process can take up to two working days to complete in addition to the stated turnaround time for results.
2. If you select unreported results, then you choose not to have the interpretation of our GP and they will be sent directly to you. This is advisable if you already have a specialist to share the results with or are able to interpret them yourself. In the event of any results being of a critical nature we will always be in contact to make you aware of this.