Blue Horizon are pleased to deliver this all inclusive postal COVID-19 testing service with Express Courier Return to the Laboratory. This bespoke service vastly minimises the risks and consequent disruption of not receiving a timely result. Please note that this has replaced our previous service where we included Royal Mail Tracked24 Labels (hence the slightly higher price), but you are still welcome to make your own return to laboratory arrangements if you wish. If you don't get your results by the end of the day following the day that the lab receives your sample, you get your money back!
An example process
If you order on Monday before 1pm, then your kit should be with you by Tuesday or Wednesday. If you receive your package on Wednesday, then take your sample on Thursday, arranging on Wednesday a Thursday courier collection. Your sample should arrive on Friday at the laboratory and you should get your results by the end of the day on Saturday. if you don't get your result by the end of the day after your sample arrives at the laboratory you get a full refund!
Checks before you place your order
- We are dispatching orders by Royal Mail on the same day if ordered before 1pm. We use the "next day by 1" service, but are currently seeing deliveries take 1-2 working days. You will receive a tracking number once we have dispatched. We have investigated other delivery services, they are all similarly affected. Please make sure you order in plenty of time to guarantee you have your kit for when you need it. As Christmas approaches, we expect this delay to get worse.
- When do you need your results by? There are a few logistical considerations before you go ahead - see charts below.
- Are you wanting a friday collection for delivery to lab on Saturday? Select Weekend Delivery from the dropdown above.
- We dispatch the kits ourselves by Royal Mail next working day by 1 service if you order by 1. Delivery by 4pm is included, pay £20 more for delivery by 11am. Select this option at checkout.
- Look out for an email once you've placed your order with links to the forms you'll need to complete to request your courier and register your kit online. You'll also get these with your kit.
- Courier pickup cannot be requested same day - we must have at least one working day's notice.
- Are you short on time? The services below may be useful.
https://collectsameday.co.uk/ - Collect Same Day - 0333 344 3028 They will collect the same day, and drive it straight to the laboratory. Not the cheapest option, but very effective.
https://www.royalmail.com/sending/uk/sameday - Royal Mail Same Day - 03300 885 522 - Similar service to Collect Same Day.
(Please avoid using the Royal Mail signed next day service or a parcelforce service as these are no longer accepted means of returning covid samples to laboratories).
What do we Guarantee?
If you do not get your results emailed to you by the end of the date following the date the laboratory receives your sample we will issue a full refund.
What do we not Guarantee?
Although a UPS return to lab courier is included in the price, we cannot guarantee that UPS will deliver the next day, although their current success rate at this is 96%. If timing is crucial, we suggest using one of the same day services outlined above at your own cost.